The overall aim of the Lt-AD is to roll out the technology to the EU, USA and globally and the project partners JK and Hydro are collaborating with NVP Energy to deliver, design and deliver this project. During the SMEI Phase 2 project, NVP Energy will validate the effectiveness of the process at treating high volumes of wastewater, through designing and constructing a full-scale demonstrator for the dairy industry.
NVP Energy Wastewater Treatment Technology at Arrabawn Dairies – Horizon 2020 Funded Project from NVP Energy on Vimeo.
The Lt-AD demonstrator will treat large volumes of effluent from an industrial dairy processing facility over an extended period. This will allow NVP Energy to develop the optimum operating parameters, measuring and comparing the economic (including yield of biogas) and environmental performance with current practices.
The Lt-AD project has been broken down into small, manageable work packages (WP) with associated objectives:
WP1: Managing the Project
– Monitor and control the project maximising the potential for exploitable benefits.
– Coordinate the overall legal, contractual and administrative management of the consortium.
– Ensure the project and beneficiaries are well managed facilitating quality delivery on time and within budget.
WP2: Market Channel and Supply Chain Barriers
– Identify barriers and opportunities in the value chain upstream and downstream of the Lt-AD plant.
WP3: Scaled Development of the Lt-AD Demonstrator
– Generate detailed specification and define philosophies of the up-scaled plant.
– Develop site plans and obtain regulatory licences, consents and approvals.
– Define bill of materials.
– Create initial design, carry out HAZOP and HAZID analysis and create the final process design.
– Install and pre-commission demonstrator at designated dairy wastewater facility.
WP4: Trials, Regulations and Environment
– Carry out an inspection of all component parts and a series of thorough tests to ensure that every aspect of the plant, and its operating team, achieves optimal safety and efficiency levels.
– Develop trials and commissioning plan.
– Commission Lt-AD plant and carry out field trials at the dairy processing facility.
– Review the overall design and optimise the Lt-AD process.
– Develop installation, operation guidelines and training for installation partners.
WP5: Exploitation and Value Chain
– Plan and implement a robust supply, marketing and customer engagement chain.
WP6: Promotion and Dissemination
– Create awareness of the project and its benefits in order to support marketing.
– Increase the knowledge available in the European Union on effective, efficient and economic ways to convert the resources in question.
– To promote the benefits of the EU research and development funding under H2020.